[gdal-dev] Can not open bigtiff file using gdal1.10 API saved by photoshop cs6

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Feb 28 05:04:02 PST 2014

ridge wang <ridgewang <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Even,
>      Sorry for reply so late. I create a tickets as
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5403. I attached 2 tiff files, one can
opend by gdal and the other cannot. But they all can opend by photoshop
correctly. Both of these two original tiff file are created by gdal 1.10 and
can reopen ok. The attached files are just filled all pixels to black and
saved by photoshop cs6. Can you give me some suggestions and is there some
utilities to repair these tiff files? thanks.

I downloaded the failing tiff
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/raw-attachment/ticket/5403/1041up_1075down-938-960_spts-740-769-820-922_0.5-782-794_0.5_spts-935-1020_0.5_spts-cut2_spts.zip

Gdalinfo and gdal_translate had no troubles at all (Windows 7 64-bit,
GDAL-dev from gisinternals.com (January 29, 2014).

-Jukka Rahkonen-