[gdal-dev] Standard Dev. Environment?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jan 10 10:36:11 PST 2014

On 14-01-10 1:23 PM, Jay L. wrote:
> Success.  Ivan, I used your ./configure flags - stock was also not
> working on this VM.
>
> I wonder if the dev. community is large enough to warrant storing a
> lightweight Vagrant box image somewhere.

Talking of Vagrant, FYI about a year ago Alan Boudreault wrote a set of
Vagrant and Chef recipes to automate the setup of a MapServer dev
environment (which includes GDAL as a dependency). The recipes are a bit
old already, but it may be a good starting point for automating the
setup of a GDAL dev environment.

If you're interested, see:
http://www.alanb.ca/blog/2013/03/09/setup-a-mapserver-development-environment-with-vagrant-and-chef/

--