[gdal-dev] gdal_grid: number of data points to use

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Sat Jan 18 07:47:23 PST 2014

Thanks Even. How difficult would it be to let gdal_gid use the nearest
points? The way it works now does not make much sense for mapping.
Another very usable solution would be to select the nearest points in
each quadrant relative to the interpolation point (NE, SE, SW, SE). It
is available in dedicated interpolation programs like Surfer, and I
always found it very useful. Funding would be possible.

Jan