[gdal-dev] OGR functionality to remove holes?

xavier lhomme lhomme.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 12:48:12 PST 2014

3D engine doesn't like hole in a polygone.
 A way to render such polygon is to link the outer ring and the inner ring.
(But it's better to use tesselation.)

for example if you have a rectangle ABCD and a triangle describing the hole
( EFG) , you can create a polygone ABCDAEFGA

It's how I understand the question. I don't think you will find such
function in GEOS (or JTS)