[gdal-dev] [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Jan 27 04:06:50 PST 2014

Well, I actually implemented this idea in Mirone long time ago. First
with SIFT and later with the SURF module in OpenCV, but I really never
tested much from the the point that "some cases work well, others not so
much".

Anyway, you might be interested to look also into ASIFT. It looks promising

http://www.cmap.polytechnique.fr/~yu/research/ASIFT/demo.html

Joaquim