[gdal-dev] [RFC] [GDAL] Idea for GSoC, 2014

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Jan 28 23:57:04 PST 2014

Kshitij Kansal <kansal.k <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Even,
> Thank you for pointing out this issue. I will keep this in mind.
>
> I will look into that last year project and try to understand the
implementation.

> More suggestions and comments are always welcomed.

Hi,

Another OSGeo project OSSIM has implemented an automatic image to image
rectification. Isn't that a bit alike your plan?
http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/OSSIM_Coregistration_UserManual.pdf

Frank Warmerdam seems to entertain himself with something related
http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.fi/

This article from 2013 may also give some inspiration
http://www.academia.edu/4388853/OrientAL_-_Automatic_geo-referencing_and_ortho-rectification_of_archaeological_aerial_photographs

All these three aim to very high quality and I am sure that there is also
need for a more light-weight system.

-Jukka Rahkonen-