[gdal-dev] gdal_translate 1.11 netcdf output is a flipped Y image

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Jul 1 13:01:43 PDT 2014

Le mardi 01 juillet 2014 12:13:57, 00darki a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to convert netcdf files to geotiff image, i'm using
> gdal_translate.exe, and the result of the command is a Y flipped image
> (north is south and south is north ..).
>
> I've learned many topics on this issue but I havn't found any solution ..

The documentation of the driver ( http://gdal.org/frmt_netcdf.html ) gives a
hint :

"Configuration Options

    GDAL_NETCDF_BOTTOMUP=[YES/NO] : Set the y-axis order for import,
overriding the order detected by the driver. This option is usually not needed
unless a specific dataset is causing problems (which should be reported in GDAL
trac).
"

So try :

gdal_translate in.nc out.tif --config GDAL_NETCDF_BOTTOMUP NO

Normally netcdf files are generally in bottom-up order and GDAL correct this.
But there might be a problem in the logic that detect bottom-up or top-bottom
order.

If the above doesn't work, replace NO by YES. Hopefully one of the value will
make you happy ;-)

As noted in the doc, it might be usefull that you create a ticket in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/newticket and attach the file or provide a link to
it to see if the autodetection logic can be improved.

Best regards,

Even

--
Geospatial professional services