[gdal-dev] Calculate lat lon of image corners knowing center's lat lon

gustavohissi gustavohissi at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 17 07:52:23 PDT 2014

Hello, I`m sorry to raise this topic again but, I have a similar issue with a
PNG file from a weather radar.

I know the center lat,lon value of this image, the projection is aeqd
(azimuthal equidistant) and the area it covers is a 400km sided square.

Is it possible to georeference this image with this amount of information?

  Image Size : 800x800, with 800km square side
  Projection   : Azimuthal Equidistant
  Center pixel (400,400) at Reference latitude  : -23.2492 and  Reference
longitude : -45.9359

Thank in advance.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5151532/echotop.png>