[gdal-dev] [PSC] Integration of GSoC code : RFC or not ?

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Jul 22 03:17:05 PDT 2014

I'm not PSC but, since I have some experience in GSoC I thought I should
speak up.

The fact that GDAL accepted Mikhail as a GSoC student sort of covers the
RFC part. Because there he proposed his project and the PSC should have
voted for or against this project if not wanting it in. In any case the
Project proposal can be copy-pasted into an RFC in case you do want to have
an RFC for the record.

Also it's sort of implied in the GSoC program that the aim is to add code
to the trunk of a project, unless stated otherwise. And to me this seems to
have been the goal of this project too.

So that being said, as long as the code meets the expected standards and it
should as long as the mentor is doing his job, I don't see any obstacles,
RFC is already technically written and so has the code, and the assigned
mentor should maybe give a vote of confidence, and that should sort of be
it. Personally I don't see a reason to vote if the Mentor is for merging
Mikhail's code.

Just my 2c :)

--Wolf

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org