[gdal-dev] Upgrading Version Not Working

Nelson, Nicole nelsonn at amazon.com
Thu Jul 24 12:49:19 PDT 2014

Hello,
   I am working on an application which was developed by another developer about 2 years ago. At the time the developer used GDAL 1.9.1. I am trying to upgrade to the latest version of GDAL (1.11.0). However, I am not able to get the same functionality to work. I am reading in a shape file with ogr.Open which is successful. Then I am able to get a layer successfully. On that layer I try to apply a spatial filter with a single point geometry representing a latitude and longitude pair. However, when I call GetNextFeature I always get null, regardless of the input. The GetNextFeature function previously returned at least one feature. Did something change in the versions that I may have missed? Is there something that would make GetNextFeature return null, but GetFeature at various indices return values?
Thanks,
- Nicole