[gdal-dev] Convert raster into points with GDAL?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Jun 4 04:54:53 PDT 2014

Hi Jukka,

At least two ways of turning a raster into a grid of poinds :

* gdal2ogr mentionned in http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/CodeSnippets. You need
to compile it from source.

* Otherwise http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/swig/python/scripts/gdal2xyz.py
. With the -csv option, it will create a CSV file.

Even