[gdal-dev] GSoC weekly report 4. GDAL Networking

Mikhail Gusev gusevmihs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:54:56 PDT 2014

Hello everyone.
This week, as I planed, I've successfully built GDAL from source and
started to add a new API. I made a temporary repo [
https://github.com/MikhanGusev/gdal-svn]. It is temporary because I plan to
base my work on trunk 2.0dev later, and to build it the same way. I was
also blocked a bit because I had to get familiar with CMake, but now all is
ok.
The next week I plan to continue integrating my old classes and methods
into GDAL, testing it in my local repo. During this I plan to make patchs
which can be used by commiters to test whether my API works in a real
library (current 2.0 trunk). In general I plan to finish moving my old
methods and classes to the new API up to the first midterm evaluation (up
to June 27).