[gdal-dev] OT: openev(2) alternative?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Fri Jun 20 05:56:44 PDT 2014

Hi list,

this is a bit off topic, but I guess I'll have the biggest chance for an
answer on this ml...

Untill now, I always succeeded in (re)building openev2, but after some
recent system upgrades, it fails... I've used openev2 (and openev before
that) long as my preferred raster viewer. It is blazingly fast, and has
almost all functionality I want from a viewer. Especially an easy
mechanism to set which bands are r,g and b, and to adjust the stretch,
are important to me. And displaying multiple rasters on top of each
other, being able to easily switch them on and off.

Now I'm afraid I need to look for an alternative. There once were
rumours of an openev3, but afaik that has never really materialized?
I've tried several others (tuiview, monteverdi(2), qgis, thuban,
otbiceviewer, ...) but none of them has the combination of being fast
and convenient.

I just need something that is good in displaying (browsing, zooming)
multi-band raster files. Anybody knows a viable alternative?

Thanks!
Vincent.