[gdal-dev] MSG Driver: two memory leaks

Simon Richard Proud srp at geo.ku.dk
Fri Jun 27 06:52:49 PDT 2014

Hello,
We actually stopped using the GDAL MSG driver some time ago (as it is very slow) and wrote our own one instead. My mail was mainly to find out if others have experienced similar problems.

The problem is not from the EUMETSAT libraries, by the way. We have been using them with very small memory use (they only decompress the data). The memory use is coming from somewhere in the reflectance calculations. They seem well hidden but, as Christian mentioned, a valgrind could well find them.

All the best,
Simon