[gdal-dev] Moving the poles

Laskaris francisrayder at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 19:29:16 PST 2014

I am trying to do a crazy "What if...?" climate model experiment that
involves changing the location of the poles. So, mind you, I am not merely
trying to change the coordinate display and use a rotated pole grid. I am
actually trying to locate the pole somewhere else (for instance, in
Australia), and transform all the elevation etc. data accordingly to new
coordinates.

Is it possible to transform a geotiff or netcdf file with GDAL to achieve
this?