[gdal-dev] Moving the poles

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 10:12:54 PDT 2014

Not sure about gdal, but cdo [1] can do this on netcdf files.

have a look at the docs and see the section grids.

You would probably have to define a rotated pole grid, then apply that grid
on your file (using setgrid), then regrid to a normal lat/lon grid using
one of the grid operators like interpolate, remapnn, remapbil, depending on
your data.

But I've never done this though...  There us a forum there if you have
questions, someone probably has an answer.

[1] https://code.zmaw.de/projects/*cdo*