[gdal-dev] Moving the poles

Laskaris francisrayder at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 20:22:21 PDT 2014

Thank you, Joaquim. grdrotater seems to be the program for exactly what I am
trying to do.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work yet. I am using the
command:
grdrotater topo.nc -T78/30/-4 -Gtopo_rotated.nc

If I understand correctly, this should create an output file,
topo_rotated.nc, where the data has been rotated by 78 longitude east, 30
latitude north and 4 degrees counterclockwise. However, while a file named
topo_rotated is indeed created, no rotation is being done. The output is
still the same as the input file, with the same projection. I have tried
this with several different input .nc files to make sure it is not a problem
with the particular file I am trying to rotate, but I can't get it to work
with any file.

Is anyone familiar with GMT's grdrotater? Does anyone know what I am doing
wrong here?