[gdal-dev] Gdal Java project / parser

Florent JITIAUX fjitiaux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 06:15:23 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Gdal is a very powerfull project and I use the Java binding. However, even
with the Javadoc, sometimes I need to read the source of the project to
understand how it works. That's why I try to make a parser to help people
(and me) to use Gdal with Java.

The question is I don't really know how to publish my code. Because it's
all based on Gdal, is it possible to publish it on your SVN or do i need to
make a project on Github or Sourceforge ?

The first step of my project is to organize gdal constants in enum : I put
all constants of the same type (color interpretation, error type, data
type, ...) in one enum class. I took all comments from the Javadoc (when
they were available). Here the sources.

I need some advices to improve the code and comments, and maybe how to
organize my whole project. Next I will to list all drivers in enum or maybe
to create a class for each driver.

Florent