[gdal-dev] GML / NAS code redundancy

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Mar 18 11:18:23 PDT 2014

Le mardi 18 mars 2014 18:33:21, Martin Landa a écrit :
> Hi Even,

> > increase the szHeader size). Add in the GML registry your feature types
> > and make them point to the same .gfs file that define all the feature
> > types ! The only
>
> I do not understand this part, point to the same GFS file? This file
> is generated by OGR, why not to use available XSD for given format? I
> tried registry file bellow

The OGR GML XSD parser is limited and only understands simple feature model.
The .gfs is indeed generated by OGR but can also be customized (when the
automatic parser does not work) and used as a template in the GML registry.
See the "Syntax of .gfs file by example" paragraph of
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_gml.html with the syntax of ElementPath and
GeometryElementPath when you want to build a OGR field from a nested XML
element. You can have a look at data/inspire_cp_CadastralParcel.gfs for a
practical example.

--
Geospatial professional services