[gdal-dev] Change SQLite default to -spatialite=yes?

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 07:03:20 PDT 2014

Hi Jukka,

> To: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
> From: jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:13:29 +0000
> Subject: [gdal-dev] Change SQLite default to -spatialite=yes?
>
> Hi,
>
> Would it hurt bad if the SQLite/Spatialite driver would use -co
> spatialite=yes as a default? Is there anybody really using the "regular" FDO
> type SQLite databases?

I don't know how the FDO uses that driver but I once was asked to try to setup and try the Berkeley DB with that OGR driver. Everything works just fine at that moment and I never checked that again.

A default like you propose might be OK. The problem is if the driver becomes dependent on one or another storage, so next time a user updates GDAL their option doesn't work anymore. For us, developer, it's hard to keep track without autotests that include Berkeley DB (and FDO, I guess).

Regards,

Ivan