[gdal-dev] Installing GDAL on Win7

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Sun Mar 23 18:32:22 PDT 2014

Thank you all.  I got it to work with the following
command:
gdal_translate -of GTiff -co "TILED=YES" -co "TFW=YES" C:\Copy\wp.pdf
C:\Copy\wpt.tif --config GDAL_PDF_DPI 300

It works pretty good.  It converts a 11.1 MB PDF into a
96MB Tiff file that zips up into a 57 MB file.  These files
are about 15 times bigger than the ones I am used to, but
they do have quite a bit of detail and don't have the
blank white space that a 7.5 minute topo has.

These Tiffs are very well georeferenced.  I am pleased.

Mike