[gdal-dev] Add a new performance hint for Spatialite

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Mar 28 02:02:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

Sorry, I must have not emphasized enough that hint is only valid for appending data with subsequent ogr2ogr commands

ogr2ogr -f sqlite -dsco spatialite=yes mtk_tos.sqlite -dim 2 -lco spatial_index=no /vsizip/e:\mtk_tos\etrs89\gml\K32.zip tieviiva  -gt 65536
ogr2ogr -f sqlite -append mtk_tos.sqlite -dim 2 /vsizip/e:\mtk_tos\etrs89\gml\K34.zip tieviiva -gt 65536
... repeat the latter command for 113 more GML files...

I am not sure if this is a common use case everywhere. However, our National Land Survey delivers vector data divided by map sheets which means that each country wide dataset contains hundreds or thousands of GML files.