[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr doesn't handle logical (boolean) MapInfo tab fields correctly

jonbritton3 jonbritton3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 08:58:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to use ogr2ogr to load a MapInfo tab file into a PostgreSQL
database using the following command:

However, this produces the following error

The problem field is a Logical field in the source file (with values of T or
F). The actual value of the "crimeOccured" field in the first record is "T",
but ogr2ogr is picking up the integer value 0.

If I convert the tab file into another tab file then it works ok, but it
changes the data type of this field to Character which is not what I want.

Has anybody come across this issue before?

Cheers,

Jon

PS: apologies if this is the wrong message list, I can only seem to find the
dev list.