[gdal-dev] Misc. subjects : OSGeo Vienna code sprint, release plans, GDAL 2.0

Dmitriy Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 12:37:35 PDT 2014

Hi,

I think the JSON format is good for metadata storing and representation.
JSON support to store string, digits, bool, dates, etc. Write such data
and read such data from files.
But need good library or set of classes to work with it in memory
representation.
For example I like  wxJSON - it support to get value by name or iterate
values by index.

int  majorVer = root["wxWidgets"]["Version"]["Major"].AsInt  <http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/docs/wxjson/classwxJSONValue.html#9223209e7eea4dd4d668869b69560acb>();

root["wxWidgets"]["Authors"][0] ="J. Smart";
root["wxWidgets"]["Authors"][1] ="V. Zeitling";
root["wxWidgets"]["Authors"][2] ="R. Roebling";

It consist only 3 files (json reader, json writer and json value).

It seems to me that json-c library is more complicated. Unfortunately
wxJSON cannot be used in GDAL as it have bindings to wxWidgets library,
but the approach is interesting. By the way wxWidgets have more
democratic license instead of qt.

Best regards,
     Dmitry

31.03.2014 23:03, Even Rouault ?????: