[gdal-dev] compiling without writing permission - problem gdal-1.10.1

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue May 6 08:31:06 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Mike Toews <mwtoews at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately this is a bug: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4563

Thank you for pointing me out.

> There are a few workarounds, such as installing the Python bindings
> manually with the appropriate --prefix:
> $ cd swig/python
> $ python setup.py install --prefix=/to/where/you/want/it
>
> or edit swig/python/GNUmakefile (line 71):
>
>     $(PYTHON) setup.py install --prefix=$(DESTDIR)$(prefix)

Thanks for the workaround, but this doesn't seem to work for me, I'm
probably doing something wrong. It expects to
find /lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ inside the folder that I specify in
--prefix..

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.