[gdal-dev] Update of EPSG database to v8.4

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu May 15 04:50:18 PDT 2014

Selon Yann Chemin <ychemin at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> is there planetary datum support in this new version (i.e. Moon 2000, or
> etc.)?

No, I don't think that the EPSG folks are interested in other planets yet ;-)
But Frank mentionned some time ago (
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/IAU-2000-Coordinate-System-Dictionary-td3750798.html
) that he wanted to investigate how to deliver the IAU set of planetary
coordinate systems , but this hasn't been pursued further AFAIK.

I see there's a version of this file here :
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/sr.org/srsbrowser/data/IAU2000.wkt

Even