[gdal-dev] File geodatabase write lock using C# bindings

Eddie Stathopoulos eddie.stathopoulos at worldviewsolutions.com
Thu May 15 08:27:50 PDT 2014

Hello all, I am attempting to create a C# WCF service to convert GeoJSON -> other formats. File Geodatabase is desired. I am using the latest C# GDAL bindings and the driver is being recognized and loaded, but it seems I'm bumping into a write lock?

I receive an AccessViolationException (Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt) using the following code. The files in the FGDB directory are created.

outputDriver = Ogr.GetDriverByName("FileGDB");
outputDataSource = outputDriver.CopyDataSource(dataSource, outputFilePath, null);

Any clue what is causing this lock or how I could get around this?

Thanks!?