[gdal-dev] Using GDAL with gridded XYZ that has no 'nodata' values?

Sat May 24 23:20:13 PDT 2014

Hey Even - well that's embarrassing, it looks like gdal 1.11.0 solves the
problem for those three xyz files that I sent through! Great work, thanks!

However, I've found an example that fails to open here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4086367/gdal_translate_xyz_data04-02.zip

Using gdal 1.11.0 on osx 10.9.3, I receive the following error:

$ gdalinfo data04-02.xyz
ERROR 1: Ungridded dataset: At line 18, X is 516085.000000, where as
516100.000000 was expected (1)
gdalinfo failed - unable to open 'data04-02.xyz'.
I doubt you remember - I chatted to you about this problem at FOSS4G, sorry
it's taken about 9 months to contact you!

Thanks in advance.