[gdal-dev] RFC 46 GDAL/OGR unification adopted and commited

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon May 26 08:21:47 PDT 2014

Hi Ivan,

> The RFC 46 propose moving the OGR drivers from ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ to frmts/
> and I am looking forward to do that. When can we start?

When you want. There's no particularly emergency to do that IMHO, and the move
should be done properly with "svn mv", so that the traceability of files doesn't
suffer too much.
One thing that just came to my mind is if we want every drivers to stay under
frmts, or if we want more structure like frmts/raster, frmts/vector,
frmts/mixed. I dunno.

> Is it going to be a
> GDAL's maintainer task or it is something that the driver's maintainer will
> do?

I consider that anyone with commit rights is a GDAL maintainer.

Even