[gdal-dev] RFC 46 GDAL/OGR unification adopted and commited

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue May 27 02:46:35 PDT 2014

Selon Mateusz  <mateusz at loskot.net>:

I'd rather see frmts/mixed/XXXXX if XXXXX is a single driver that can return
both raster and vector content.
If you have a XXXXX (GeoRaster) and YYYYYY (OGR OCI) drivers that use common
code but remain separate, I'd say you can have frmts/raster/XXXXX and
frmts/vector/YYYYY and make one of them include headers from the other one. Like
it has been done up to now. Well if you want it to be cleaner, you could have
frmts/common/oracle and put in there the common code. However, if they are
plugins and not build-in driver, you should however make sure that both drivers
are bundled in the same shared object.