[gdal-dev] issues with gdal2tiles.py

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue May 27 07:53:19 PDT 2014

Am 27.05.2014 05:31, schrieb Marcela Campo:
> Hi,
>    I am trying to use gdal2tiles with a set of geotiff and I get the
> following error
>
> ERROR 6: EPSG PCS/GCS code 900913 not found in EPSG support files.  Is this
> a valid
> EPSG coordinate system?
> ERROR 6: No translation for an empty SRS to PROJ.4 format is known.
>

> I have already transformed to projection EPSG:3857, here is the gdalinfo
> output for one of the files

> the command generates the tiles, but as the images appear a bit shifted I
> wonder if it somewhat misinterpreted the projection.

Instead of reprojecting to EPSG:900913 (which will place the points on
the same spot on the globe), try to assign the projection with -a_srs.
This will effectively shift the points.

If the shift goes in the wrong direction, try EPSG:3395. This is the
projection on a ellipsoid rather than a sphere.

HTH,
André Joost