[gdal-dev] problems with merging ecw files

Simon Shak skunkmyrddyn at gmail.com
Wed May 28 12:47:12 PDT 2014

Depending on how large an output file there are limitations in the file
formats to consider. The older ecw library allows writing a file no larger
than 500mb.the newer one you need a special license to write at all.  The
geotiff will by default not write as big tiff which will also limit output
file size. Check the file formats page for details.