[gdal-dev] 16bit Pixel Arrangement?

M Lewis Martin.Lewis at euro.ngc.com
Mon Oct 13 02:03:30 PDT 2014

Thanks for that, Even & Andre,

There is a NITF_ABPP metadata item and that is set to 11 so that explains
why all leading bits are 0. Also min/max on the stats is 1 to 2047.

The reason why I was going on about 5 bits for R etc was because that is how
colours are defined in a 16 bit bitmap and assumed that was how the data was
going to be organised in a 16 bit single band (if it was gray-scale, I
assumed that the ColorInterp would be set to gray-scale based on the
NITF_IREP=MONO metadata item).

I guess I'll have to grab the histogram and scale the pixel values
accordingly into an 8 bit gray-scale........I may be back!!

Thanks

Martin