[gdal-dev] [Qgis-user] Generating GeoTIFF overview ("gdaladdo -r gauss ...") takes days for 2GB file...

Jonathan Moules J.Moules at hrwallingford.com
Mon Oct 13 06:05:00 PDT 2014

Hi Stefan,
How large is the image? As in, pixel width & height.

Also the GDALinfo would be helpful.

7 days is a very long time. I've seen times like that myself for images that were 100,000*50,000 or similar dimensions where there was (still is?) an issue with the pyramiding function in GDAL (it was re-reading the data again and again).

Cheers,
Jonathan