[gdal-dev] Problem reading folder name with <font> tag

Roman Ploehn Roman.Ploehn at and-solution.com
Fri Sep 5 07:37:10 PDT 2014

Hello,

I got a KML file where folder names aren't read completeley with OGR and libkml driver.

I found the problem is the <name> tags contain <font> texts like i.e.:

In GoogleEarth these are evalutated and define the color the folders are shown.

But in OGR the layer names result in ' Data Centrum' and ''

I tried with KML driver too, there the first name is identical, the second one is some auto generated 'Layer #1' instead of empty text.

Does anyone know if there's a way to retrieve the complete <name> content including the <font> (and maybe other HTML) tags?

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Zoppo