[gdal-dev] Re-projecting with valid geometry

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Sep 7 09:13:58 PDT 2014

klo uo <klonuo <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Even,that's great solution.
>
> Now, although ST_IsValid() doesn't report any more problems, QGIS "Check
geometry validity" still finds issues on 3 features.
> I also tried ArcMap's "Check Geometry" function, and it found 2 "self
intersections". Features reported by QGIS and ArcMap are different.
> This is just terrible file to work on, that's why I didn't want to touch
or edit anything inside. And now this validity tools all report issues on
different features...
> Cheers

Capture some problematic geometries as WKT and send them to the list. It
would be nice to look how they are invalid and why some tools do not find
any errors.

-Jukka Rahkonen-