[gdal-dev] ERROR 1: Too many points (440 out of 441) failed to transform, unable to compute output bounds.

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Sep 15 09:20:08 PDT 2014

Am 15.09.2014 17:02, schrieb Simon Shak:
> I have had this error message show up if the s_srs is not correctly auto
> detected or not present in the input file. I have used a combination of
> looking through other nonstandard meta data files present with the image
> sets or using a program like global mapper which has a good chance at
> guessing the correct s_srs and then specifying it with the -s_srs option.

For the hdf files mentioned above, the SRS is EPSG:4326, so that is not
the problem.

It is rather the extent of the raster. The raster is not aligned to
latitudes or longitudes, but rather a parallelogram. The coordinates of
each cell are stored in additional bands. Re-transforming only works if
GDAL knows the correct extent of the data in degrees.

Greetings,
André Joost