[gdal-dev] Interpolation when using the WMS format

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Sep 26 10:22:59 PDT 2014

Peter,

This is an interesting proof of concept.

I have several notes :
- not sure about your naming conventions. For me your 'top' and 'bottom' must
be inverted. In imaging convention, the y of top is < to the y of bottom
- the formula is only appropriate for a resampling up to a factor of 2
- you might have edge effects at block border since you clamp to the current
block. For example, this could be problematic when operating on blocks with a
1-line height.
- something ready for upstreaming would probably involve adding a new argument
to RasterIO to specify the resampling method, and as you noted, generalizing
to other data types.
- taking into nodata, alpha channel, etc.. would be necessary

Would probably be interesting to think if we cannot share code with overview
computation. But not immediately trivial to do so.

Best regards,

Even