[gdal-dev] Migrate to GDAL v2 or not?

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:32:36 PDT 2014

We, at the MapWinGIS project, have been using GDAL for years and since last
year we're using Tamas his pre-build binaries.
We're now in the middle of upgrading from Visual Studio 2008 to Visual
Studio 2013 and wonder if this is also a good moment to upgrade from GDAl
v1.11 to GDAL v2.
We already recompiled using GDAL v2 and it seems we have only a few issues
which seems to be easily fixed.
We won't release a new version of MapWinGIS within a few months, probably
around X-Mas.

What is recommended?

Thanks,

Paul

*Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager
and forum moderator of MapWindow GIS.
www.mapwindow.org

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users.
www.mapwindow.nl

*The English presentations of the MapWindow GIS Conference 2014 are online.
<http://www.slideshare.net/mapwindow>*