[gdal-dev] Migrate to GDAL v2 or not?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Sep 29 12:00:30 PDT 2014

Paul,

It is difficult to answer on your behalf. If you need new features of GDAL 2,
then it is pretty obvious. Otherwise it depends on if you are confortable with
using a "non vetted" development version (but whose quality you can assess by
running the autotest suite), because you want to do progressive adoption (it
is not excluded that there will be extra interface changes before GDAL 2), or
want to stick with something with a more official label. But we definitely need
early adopters to make it a memorable release.

Best regards,

Even