[gdal-dev] Error while writing a dirty block in GDALFillNodata()

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Wed Apr 1 08:59:52 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I've encountered a problem similar to the one reported at
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4088. My case is slightly different:
I've modified GDALFillNodata() to allow MEM as the temp file format (patch
accepted in GDAL) and I'm getting the dirty block write error while using
the MEM driver. The image band that I'm trying to fill is 16,384 x 16,384 =
168 million pixels. My computer's activity monitor indicates that I have
well over 4 GB of RAM available.

The BIGTIFF=IF_SAFER solution for #4088 doesn't appear to help me. Can
anyone suggest the options I might change to increase the possible size of
or optimize the creation of temp MEM files?

Thanks,