[gdal-dev] ReadAsArray

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 3 03:43:20 PDT 2015

Le vendredi 03 avril 2015 12:22:00, Yuta Sato a écrit :
> Dear Respected GDAL Developers and Users:
>
> What parameters should I set beforehand in order to accelerate the reading
> of a GeoTiff file?
>
> I am using as follows:
>
> data = src_dataset.GetRasterBand(1).ReadAsArray(xoff,yoff,xsize,ysize)
>
> Does setting the following parameters accelerate?
>
> GDAL_CACHEMAX, GDAL_SWATH_SIZE
>
> I'm using gdal python.

Yuta,

Increasing GDAL_CACHEMAX might accelerate in case of repeated reads on windows
that are identical or overlapping already read windows. Or if the way you read
the raster doesn't follow its block shape : for example if the raster is
organized by lines/strips and you read by square blocks, or the reverse
situation.

GDAL_SWATH_SIZE is only used by CreateCopy().

Even