[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 56: OFTTime/OFTDateTime millisecond accuracy

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Apr 7 05:55:11 PDT 2015

Hi,

This is a call for discussion on "RFC 56: OFTTime/OFTDateTime millisecond
accuracy".

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc56_millisecond_precision

This RFC aims at adding millisecond accuracy to OFTTime and OFTDateTime fields,
as a number of formats support it explicitely or implicitely : MapInfo, GPX,
Atom (GeoRSS driver), GeoPackage, SQLite, PostgreSQL, CSV, GeoJSON, ODS, XLSX,
KML (potentially GML too)...

For those who have followed the preliminary discussion of those last days,
I've stayed on my solution 1, amended by the removal of the Precision field.
Precision is now implicit, i.e. as soon as the Second field is not an integer
value, we output milliseconds. This hopefully fits most purposes and is less
confusing.

Best regards,

Even