[gdal-dev] RFC 57: 64-bit bucket counts for histograms

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 8 06:52:27 PDT 2015

Hi Even,

No comment on the actual change which sounds fine to me.

However, could we add a "Version: ..." field to the header of RFCs to
make it easier to track down the version to which a RFC applies? I saw
that you indicate the version in the status field after a RFC has been
implemented, but while it's in draft and during the discussion phase
there is no indication of the target version.

In this specific case, I presume it is a V2.0 change since it breaks
API/ABI compatibility, right? Same comment for the Date/Time RFC that
was discussed earlier this week.

Thanks

Daniel

--