[gdal-dev] Newbie Question

Tilton, James C. (GSFC-6063) james.c.tilton at nasa.gov
Fri Apr 10 10:54:35 PDT 2015

Dear list members,

I have successfully used GDAL for many years for raster data.
I now would like to get into using it for vector data.

I thought a good starting point would be the OGR API Tutorial available at:

http://www.gdal.org/ogr_apitut.html

Unfortunately, I can't even compile the example code. For example, my compiler cannot
find GDALOpenEx and GDAL_OF_VECTOR.

I thought, perhaps, the problem was that I had an older version of GDAL installed.
But building and installing the latest version available from http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadSource
(version 1.11.2) did not solve the problem.

What am I missing?

James C. Tilton
Dr. James C. Tilton                                               Voice:   301-286-9510
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center                   FAX:     301-286-1776
Mail Code 606.3                                                    E-Mail:  James.C.Tilton at nasa.gov<mailto:James.C.Tilton at nasa.gov>
(Computational & Information Sciences and Technology Office)
Greenbelt, MD 20771
URLs: http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=home.main&&navOrgCode=606
and . http://geography.wr.usgs.gov/science/croplands/index.html