[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.0 release plans

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Apr 13 05:01:46 PDT 2015

Hi,

Some time ago, I mentionned my proposal of issuing a first GDAL 2.0 beta
version for the end of this month (April 30th). Are there objections to
sticking with that plan ? Does someone need a bit more time to finish an
ongoing work ?

And if things go well with this beta (and potentially other beta(s) needed),
we could try a release candidate for end of May. One month of beta phase might
seem a bit short, but I'm not sure extending the beta testing period more will
bring significant additional feedback (and things tend to slip, so better aim
for a tight schedule). Thoughts ?
Anyone using GDAL intensively and/or interesting in 2.0 should already track
trunk closely ;-)

I can wear the hat of 2.0 release manager, but I'm happy to let it to any
other volunteer.

Best regards,

Even