[gdal-dev] create GeospatialPDF using Python

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 05:44:19 PDT 2015

sorry, http://geodati.fmach.it/gfoss_geodata/prova.pdf

>> maybe some Creation Options is missing?
>> Also If I'm using gdal_translate after that I'm not able to read with
>> gdalinfo
>>
>> gdal_translate -of PDF ../STEM/data/OFD/060140_ravina_OFD.tif my.pdf
>> gdalinfo my.pdf
>>
>> ERROR 4: `my.pdf' not recognised as a supported file format.
>
> Can the file be opened in a PDF reader ? If so, check that your GDAL is built
> against libpoppler or libpodofo. That's required for the reading side.

Yes the PDF reader can open the file, my GDAL version should be build
against libpoppler and libpodofo

Poppler support:           yes
Podofo support:            yes

> The style is attached to each feature.

ok

>> What is the suggested way to create GeospatialPDF with raster and
>> styled vector together?
>
> gdal_translate (or CreateCopy) with the OGR_DATASOURCE creation option that
> points to a vector file.

ok

> Did you have a look at Jukka's excellent tutorial ? (the link is at the bottom
> of http://gdal.org/frmt_pdf.html):
> http://latuviitta.org/documents/Geospatial_PDF_maps_from_OSM_with_GDAL.pdf

yes, but I hoped to find another way without use VRT

Thanks for the support

--
ciao
Luca