[gdal-dev] Implementing a streaming version of KML Driver

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:20:41 PDT 2015

Hello Yuchen,

Isn't possible to update existing google libkml driver in GDAL with an
option for streaming.?

As Sebastiaan and Dimtry said, google libkml is highly inactive on both
googlecode.com and github.com/google/libkml.

For this reason we created libkml as new fork [1] hoping it will ease use
of libkml in other projects, GDAL being one of them. Developer strength is
low now but feel free to dive in!

[1] github.com/libkml/libkml

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> On 04/28/2015 11:30 PM, Dmitry Baryshnikov wrote:
> >
> https://code.google.com/p/libkml/downloads/list?can=1&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount
> >

> > The last release was on Feb 2010 - 5 year ago. Does the libkml still
> alive?
> > Also libkml has depending on boost, and kml driver has no external
> > depending.
>
> Google was nagged enough to move libkml to GitHub where it got some
> updates, but development has stopped there again too. See:
>
> https://github.com/google/libkml/
>
> I'm in discussion with some of the libkml fork developers to get the
> community to take over libkml maintenance. See:
>
> https://code.google.com/p/libkml/issues/detail?id=161
> https://github.com/google/libkml/issues/4
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas
>
> --
>  GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
> Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

Regards,
   Rashad