[gdal-dev] Regarding libkml driver

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 11:05:23 PDT 2015

Hello all,

We have been working on a new fork of libkml library on github. The primary
interest to detach from google/libkml was that various modification in the
library are fragmented in the github forks and nothing gets merged. There
is no activity or interest by original authors and all efforts to contact
them failed. You can find more details on why it forked here -
https://github.com/google/libkml/issues/4 . We had clearly explained this
also in the readme of the fork.  As the library is used in many open source
gis tools, we thought it might be worth to unify the efforts in one place.
Fix bugs, submit patches, publish new releases and so on.

Would it be possible to have gdal kml driver to use this version?  If so
what will be the preferred way, submit a patch on trac will be
sufficient?.  There are lot of enhancements and bug fixes in the fork. Most
of them are towards build system.

https://github.com/libkml/libkml

--
Regards,