[gdal-dev] gdalinfo dont see the overview of tiffs listed in a virtual-datasource

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Aug 20 15:20:45 PDT 2015

On Thursday 20 August 2015 22:26:34 Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
> I notice that the gdalinfo of a vrt datasource dont report the
> overview or stats of a set of tiff (that have stats and overvies)
> listed inside it.
>
> Instead is I create an overview of the vrt himself it is reported by
> gdalinfo.
>
> Is correct this or could be an issue ?

Andrea,

In the general case, it would not be possible to expose overviews of a VRT
made of several sources, or sources that are shifted, etc...

In trunk, in the particular case of a single source that is wraped in a VRT
without any transform and has overviews, then the VRT will expose overviews.

Even